Are you an international student looking to improve your communication skills and network effectively with employers in the United States?
Join the Career Center in collaboration with the Office of International Education and the Language Institute for our International "Techmasters" series. In this program, students will work alongside our team during a 3-session workshop series to prepare themselves to give a one-minute response to a designated prompt.
Sign-up as a participant for the full series or attend as an audience member for the series finale event on November 9th. The finale will be a networking and learning opportunity for all and will feature a friendly "elevator pitch" competition with prizes!
- Learn what a professional "pitch" is or the famous "Tell Me About Yourself" question asked by employers and why it is important
- Improve public speaking skills
- Build self-confidence and self-awareness, especially when networking in the U.S.
- Work on networking in a small and supportive environment
- Present their one-minute response to staff, alumni, and employers
Students participating MUST RSVP for at least one preparation session and are encouraged to attend the main event for a chance to network during dinner with staff, alumni, and employers and win prizes for participation in the "pitch" presentation. See series details below:
- International Techmasters: Land the Professional "Pitch" (Preparation Session 1)
Thursday, October 12 at 3-4pm in President's Suite A and B
- International Techmasters: Land the Professional "Pitch" (Preparation Session 2)
Thursday, October 26 at 3-4pm in President's Suite A
- International Techmasters: Land the Professional "Pitch" (Main Event)
Thursday, November 9 at 3-4pm in President's Suite A and B
RSVP Required Here: https://gatech.co1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_bqJ9YJic1aJ23XM.
PLEASE NOTE: This event is modeled after Toastmasters. Learn more about Toastmasters events here: https://www.toastmasters.org/about.
Check out the entire schedule of events for International Education Week 2023!