Exchange FAQ

Approximately 3 weeks after the program deadline, you will be mailed a nomination or denial letter informing you of the next steps that you will need to take.

Yes! You have to register for the 12 hour Foreign Studies course (FS4000) through OSCARweb. You should register during your normally scheduled timeticket. This class will keep you enrolled at Tech while you study abroad.

No. Because transcripts printed from OSCARWEB do not have your name on them, you must turn in an official copy of your transcript.

Non-U.S. Citizens are welcome to apply to participate in an exchange outside of their home country.  This rule applies to all who do not have a U.S. passport, including U.S. Permanent Residents.  International students should schedule an appointment with an International Student Advisor regarding their status while participating in any GT program abroad.

No, you don't have to turn it in at the same time. The FCA is to ensure that you get credit for the classes taken abroad. It is in your own best interest to get the form to us as soon as possible, but you may turn in the FCA any time before you depart for your program abroad.

Submit the online application and then deliver supporting materials either in-person or by mail to OIE, located in Savant 211. No faxed or e-mailed applications will be accepted.

For most of the scholarships, you do not have to be accepted to apply. You will, however, have to show proof of acceptance to receive most scholarships.

Yes. All courses listed with a grade of 'C' or higher on your transcript must be transferred over to GT.

*ALL courses must be approved before OIE will send your documents to the Registrar’s Office for processing.

You will pay tuition directly to the GT Bursar, unless you have been informed otherwise by your Study Abroad Advisor.

If a course is not listed on the Equivalency Table on OSCAR, that simply means that it has not been given standing approval yet. You are still welcome to seek transfer approval for that course via the Foreign Credit Approval form.

No. You should only apply for a program if you will be able to stay at your host university for the duration of their semester, INCLUDING through their exam period.