Humans are story tellers and those who participate on Georgia Tech study abroad programs or come from another country to study at GT are no different. Georgia Tech offers life-changing international opportunities--whether that's studying here in Atlanta, studying abroad, researching or interning abroad. The Office of International Education (OIE) provides a platform for students to share those stories through the annual Photo Contest.
We are no longer accepting submissions. Finalists will be announced in November.
- Highlight Photo (US & Abroad):
- These photos represent the 'highlight' of your time abroad; typically a cultural experience or memorable moment.
- Best Landscape Photo (US & Abroad)
- These photos highlight natural beauty found in landscapes around the world (click here for an example).
- Best Cityscape Photo (US & Abroad):
- These photos highlight the charm and creativity of man-made metropolitan environments (click here for an example).
- Best Ramblin' Abroad Photo (US & Abroad):
- These photos showcase Georgia Tech spirit while studying abroad (click here for an example). GA Tech logos must be shown.
- Best #BuzzingAbroad Photo:
- These photos highlight the overall study abroad experience (click here for an example). You can also vote for this category by liking your favorite #BuzzingAbroad photo. The entry with the most likes will win this category.
Degree-seeking Georgia Tech Study Abroad Students or International Students who took photos as part of their international experience are eligible to submit 1 photo per category. Please note that students who studied abroad on a Non-GT program are not eligible to submit entries to the Photo Contest.
- Please note that only 1 photo per category will be accepted (up to a total of 4 Submissions per person)
- All photo submissions must be submitted using the online form and photos/jpgs must measure at least 2400 X 3000 pixels or 3000 X 2400 pixels
- Photos that don't match the dimensions requirement, will not be considered in the contest
- Photos that don't match the contest category, may be moved to the appropriate category at the judge's discretion
- Submissions will be accepted through September 6, 2019 using the online Photo Contest Entry Form
- The selection committee will be compromised of OIE Staff. They will select the winners for each category and no student can win more than one category.
- The #BuzzingAbroad photo will be chosen by the GT Campus community via Instragram.
- The winners will be announced during International Education Week 2019.