Humans are storytellers and those who participate in Georgia Tech study abroad programs or come from another country to study at GT are no different. Georgia Tech offers life-changing international opportunities--whether that's studying here in Atlanta, studying abroad, researching, or interning abroad. The Office of International Education (OIE) provides a platform for students to share those stories through the annual Photo Contest. We know this year has been unprecedented, so for that reason, we're extending submissions to students that have been abroad this past academic year and students that have had their programs canceled due to COVID-19.
We are now accepting applications! The finalists will be announced in November.
- Highlight Photo (US & Abroad):
- These photos represent the 'highlight' of your time abroad or how you've been creative with gaining international experience while social distancing; typically a cultural experience or memorable moment.
- Best Landscape Photo (US & Abroad)
- These photos highlight natural beauty found in landscapes around the world and at home (click here for an example).
- Best Cityscape Photo (US & Abroad):
- These photos highlight the charm and creativity of man-made metropolitan environments abroad or domestically (click here for an example).
- Best Ramblin' Abroad Photo (US & Abroad):
- These photos showcase Georgia Tech spirit while studying abroad or students with canceled programs showing their Georgia Tech spirit here at home (click here for an example). GA Tech logos must be shown.
- Best #BuzzingAbroad Photo:
- These photos highlight the overall study abroad experience (click here for an example). You can also vote for this category by liking your favorite #BuzzingAbroad photo. The entry with the most likes will win this category.
Degree-seeking Georgia Tech Study Abroad Students or International Students who took photos as part of their Fall or Spring international experience as well as students who had a program canceled for the Spring or Summer semester are eligible to submit 1 photo per category. Please note that students who studied abroad on a Non-GT program are not eligible to submit entries to the Photo Contest.
- Please note that only 1 photo per category will be accepted (up to a total of 4 Submissions per person)
- All photo submissions must be submitted using the online form and photos/jpgs must measure at least 2400 X 3000 pixels or 3000 X 2400 pixels
- Photos that don't match the dimensions requirement, will not be considered in the contest
- Photos that don't match the contest category, may be moved to the appropriate category at the judge's discretion
- Submissions will be accepted through September 4th, 2020 using the online Photo Contest Entry Form
- The selection committee will be compromised of the OIE Staff. They will select the winners for each category and no student can win more than one category.
- The #BuzzingAbroad photo will be chosen by the GT Campus community via Instagram.
- The winners will be announced during International Education Week 2020.