Applications for Fall 2021 Waivers will open:
Monday, May 17, 2021 @ 4pm EST.
Deadline for Fall 2021 Waivers is:
Monday, June 14, 2021 @ 4pm EST.
Decisions will be announced the week of July 12th.
Georgia Tech is committed to “improving the human condition in Georgia, the United States, and around the globe”. Georgia Tech’s Office of International Education is able to administer the undergraduate out-of-state tuition waiver to current students holding F-1 visas and experiencing unforeseen financial difficulties that could prevent students from reaching their academic goals.
Undergraduate out-of-state tuition waivers are awarded to a limited number of students who are able to demonstrate they are experiencing unexpected financial difficulties. The waiver is not a scholarship, but rather a way for students to continue their studies during short periods of financial stress. Therefore, this waiver should not be seen as a long-term solution to ongoing financial stress.
Students experiencing long-term financial stress can review OIE’s website on Financial Assistance for International Students and contact OIE by emailing email@example.com for additional information. Since there are a limited number of waivers available per semester, OIE strong encourages students experiencing financial difficulties to research other ways to finance their education.
Applicants and recipients of the Undergraduate Out-of-State Tuition Waiver should demonstrate academic achievement, community involvement, and leadership skills as well as financial difficulties.
- Students nearing graduation will be given priority.
- NCAA athletes will not be considered for the Undergraduate Out-of-State Tuition Waiver.
- Applicants must have been enrolled at Georgia Tech full-time in F-1 status for at least two required semesters (i.e. Fall and Spring) prior to the semester for which they are applying. Students who took a leave of absence may be eligible after enrolling full-time at least two required semesters (i.e. Fall and Spring) after their return.
- Applicants must be enrolled full-time for the semester in which he/she will receive the waiver. Exceptions may be made in an applicant's final semester or summer.
- Applicants must be able to demonstrate extreme financial need based on unexpected financial difficulties that are out of the student's control.
- Active involvement in GT student organizations, community service, or volunteer activities while at Georgia Tech is highly encouraged.
- Minimum 2.50 cumulative Georgia Tech GPA.
- An application must be submitted each semester for which you would like to be considered for the Undergraduate Out-of-State Tuition Waiver.
Submitting an Application
The Undergraduate Out-of-State Tuition Waiver application can be found in iStart under Programs and Events. If you encounter any issues accessing or filling out the e-form during the application period, please e-mail us at least five business days before the application deadline: firstname.lastname@example.org. We will not be able to assist with technical issues after the application closes. Please read all instructions carefully and send any questions to email@example.com.