Transient and Special students must complete TWO separate applications to apply for study abroad with GT.
You must complete BOTH of the following applications and submit all accompanying materials in the order specified below. Before you begin your application, please read the Transient/Special Instruction Packet.
You may complete your OIE Study Abroad Application as soon as the application for the semester to which you are applying has opened. Step One & Step Two can be done in tandem.
- Complete OIE's GT Study Abroad Online Application through atlas.gatech.edu. Create new login credentials (separate from your GT Admissions login credentials) and indicate that you are a Non-GT student. You must complete all pre-decision requirements in order for your application to be considered complete.
- If you have not submitted all supporting documents to OIE, do so now - see checklist on page 6 of the instruction packet.
- Pay Study Abroad Program Deposit - Online Payment System
- Complete the Admissions Application for Study Abroad Transients/Specials
Note: GT admissions $75.00 application fee is non-refundable.
- Submit Supporting Documentation to Admissions/OIE - see checklist on page 6 of the instruction packet (Transcripts, Non Degree Permission Form, and Lawful Presence Documentation can be submitted online via your Admissions portal. Disciplinary standing form must be submitted directly to OIE via email directly from a university official. Open the Study Abroad Non Degree Permission Form.
- You will receive an e-mail in about one week with your GT login information. You will use this to login to Buzzport and other GT systems except for the OIE Study Abroad Application system (atlas.gatech.edu). You will create a separate login for your atlas.gatech.edu account.
- Once you have a GT username and password, you may access your account via buzzport.gatech.edu to check the status of your application through the GT Office of Admissions. It is your responsibility to periodically check check your Buzzport account to make sure the GT Admissions Office is not missing any of your supporting documents.
Please Note: Transient/Special students must be assigned a GT ID number in order to set up a GT account. If you are ready to pay your program deposit but do not yet have a GTID, please type your name in the GTID section of the deposit payment portal. GTID numbers are assigned once you begin your Admissions application. Look up GT ID numbers here.