Transient and Special students must complete TWO separate applications to apply for study abroad with GT.
You must complete BOTH of the following applications and submit all accompanying materials in the order specified below.
Please read the following information very carefully. Errors can hold up your application and may delay or hinder your ability to participate in GT programs.
- READ the Transient/Special Instruction Packet
- Complete the Admissions Application for Study Abroad Transients/Specials
Note: GT admissions $75.00 application fee is non-refundable.
- Submit Supporting Documentation to Admissions/OIE - see checklist on page 6 of the instruction packet (Transcripts, Non Degree Permission Form, and Lawful Presence Documentation can be submitted online Admissions. Disciplinary standing form must be submitted directly to OIE in a sealed envelope. Please note, if you submit your lawful presence doucmentation to Admissions, OIE will still need a copy of your passport.). Open the Study Abroad Non Degree Permission Form.
- You will receive an e-mail in about one week with your GT login information. You will use this to login to Buzzport and other GT systems except for the OIE Study Abroad Application system (atlas.gatech.edu). You will create a separate login for your atlas.gatech.edu account.
- Once you have a GT username and password, you may access your account via buzzport.gatech.edu to check the status of your application through the GT Office of Admissions. It is your responsibility to periodically check check your Buzzport account to make sure the GT Admissions Office is not missing any of your supporting documents.
You may complete your OIE Study Abroad Application as soon as you are ready to do so. This can be done in tandem with Step One.
- Complete the GT Study Abroad Online Application Form through OIE. Create new login credentials (separate from your GT Admissions login credentials) and indicate that you are a Non-GT student. You must complete both the General Questionnaire and the Program Responsibilities application pieces in your atlas.gatech.edu account.
- If you have not submitted all supporting documents to OIE, do so now - see checklist on page 6 of the instruction packet. If you already submitted transcripts and other materials to OIE during com Step 1, you do not need to resend these.
- Pay Study Abroad Program Deposit - Online Payment System
Please Note: Transient/Special students must be assigned a GT ID number in order to set up a GT account. This gives access online deposit payment system. GT ID numbers are assigned approximately one week after Admissions receives the online application in Step 1. Look up GT ID numbers here.