Your nomination packet includes the materials, dates, and deadlines that are specific to you and your program. The following are the basic requirements for all Exchange Program participants
- Submit Responsibilities of Participation Webform
- Complete MANDATORY Online Pre-departure
- Students will receive an email from OIE with the link and instructions for the orientation
- Get foreign credit approval
- FCA Form - due to OIE BEFORE you leave for your program
- FCA Instructions
- View pre-approved courses on OSCAR
- Attend Intercultural Communication Orientation
- This orientation is MANDATORY for all students participating on a Fall, Spring or Academic Year Exchange program
- Attend Health and Safety Orientation
- This orientation is MANDATORY for all students participating in an Exchange program. Students will receive an email from OIE with the dates and times the orientation will be offered. Students must attend one.
- Register for your semester abroad.
- All students are required to register for their Exchange program at GT. Students will receive an email with registration instructions.
- Ensure your passport is valid for travel. If you will need a visa for travel, begin the application process.
Abroad: Exchange Programs
- Verification of Enrollment form
This form is due as soon as you have finalized your registration. Failure to do this will result in a hold being placed your account
- FCA Form
If your course registration is different than what you had on your FCA form, please contact your advisor to complete an additional FCA form via email.
Have you registered your location with the Department of State? U.S. citizens should register with the Department of State using the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP).
Have you gotten sick and gone to visit the hospital or the doctor
Even though you are far from campus, GT is still here for you!
Please contact OIE with any problems you may be encountering while abroad. You can call 404-894-7475 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Also, the GT Counseling Center has a Counselor-On-Call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, who can be reached by calling 404-894-2575.
Hopefully you will not be in need of the GT police, but they are always available to you as well. If you are experiencing an emergency overseas, please call 404-894-2500.
Make sure to take lots of photos and video clips that you can submit to OIE’s photo contest once you have returned to campus.