Weeks per Term
OIE Program Adviser
Languages of Instruction*
This university is located in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates (UAE). To learn more about this city and country, please visit:
Khalifa University of Science, Technology and Research is an independent, non-profit, coeducational institution inaugurated in 2007 as part of an Abu Dhabi Government initiative.
Khalifa University is dedicated to the advancement of learning through teaching and research and to the discovery and application of knowledge. It endeavors to be an internationally recognized research university, with a world class reputation for interdisciplinary teaching and research and a tradition of partnering with leading academic institutions from around the world. The University is modeled around the American system of higher education and is actively developing an international network of partners, faculty members, and research programs to advance regionally relevant research and innovation in the UAE and the region at large.
Currently, Khalifa University enrolls over 1200 students studying in several specialized engineering programs, all of which have been accredited by the Ministry of Higher Education, UAE.
Khalifa University is dedicated to providing the Emirate of Abu Dhabi, the UAE, the region and the world with highly qualified engineers, technologists and scientists, capable of making major contributions to the UAE as leaders and innovators of industry and society.
University residence offers an environment in which students from different parts of the country have the chance to meet and learn from one another. The Abu Dhabi campus provides leased off-campus accommodation for both male and female students. Transportation is provided to and from the campus. Based on availability and demand, student housing is subject to priority allocation. All housing facilities are managed by on-site staff. For more information on housing at KUSTAR, click here.
- Georgia Tech degree-seeking student.
- Good Academic Standing with a 3.0* (or higher) GPA at time of application
- Undergraduates must have completed at least two semesters of study at GT.
- At least 18 years of age by the program's departure date
- Be able to stay at the host university for the duration of their semester, INCLUDING through their exam period
- Be in Good Standing with the Office of Student Affairs and Housing
- All Non-U.S. Citizens are welcome to apply to participate in an exchange outside of their home country only. This rule applies to all who do not have a U.S. passport, including U.S. Permanent Residents.
- All study abroad participants are required to have a passport prior to any visa deadline dates, and any needed visas prior to departure date (Students are responsible for securing all required travel documents per the host country’s regulations prior to departure).
*Some host schools have stricter requirements such as higher GPA or more time in school before study abroad. (See Academic Info on your host school GT program page for any restrictions.)
Khalifa University is closely aligned with Abu Dhabi’s 2030 vision to expand the knowledge economy and diversify into strategic high technology sectors. Some of the relevant sectors identified in the vision include: Information and Communication Technologies (ICT), Aerospace, Transport and Logistics, Energy and the Environment, Healthcare and Security. Research initiatives are focused on the following areas:
Biomedical and Healthcare
Telecommunications and Information Technology
For detailed course information: click here
For the Undergraduate Catalog: click here
All courses are taught in English.
Credit for courses taken as a part of exchange programs is received by transferring the credits back to Georgia Tech. For more information about this, click here. Here you will find the foreign credit approval form, the foreign credit approval form instructions, and a link to the registrar's Equivalency Table.
CREDIT TRANSFER SYSTEM
KUSTAR uses the standard US system:
1 KUSTAR credit = 1 GT credit
KUSTAR Grade = US Grade
A+, A, A- = A
B+, B, B- = B
C+, C, C- = C
D+, D = D
F = F
Program Costs (Estimated)
- For most exchange programs, participants must pay GT tuition, GT campus fees, and study abroad insurance to the GT Bursar for each GT semester they are abroad. No other expenses associated with this program are paid to GT; instead, these expenses are paid on site.
- Keep in mind the costs of books, health insurance, food, living expenses, and travel money, as well as pre-departure costs like your passport and visa.
- Following are cost estimates for one semester at the exchange program school that may help you prepare for your term(s) abroad. All costs are in USD.