Weeks per Term
OIE Program Adviser
Languages of Instruction*
This university is located in Malmö, Sweden. To learn more about this city and country, please visit:
Malmö University was founded in 1998. Located in the centre of Malmö. The university has played a central role in the transformation of Malmö from an industrial town to a centre of learning. Malmö is located in southern Sweden, close to Denmark and with easy access to mainland Europe. The picture below shows one of our university buildings: Orkanen, which houses the Faculty of Education and Society as well as our main library.
Housing and Meals:
- Off campus residence halls
- Off campus apartments/rooms for rent
For more information, click here
- No meal plan
- Georgia Tech degree-seeking student.
- Good Academic Standing with a 3.0* (or higher) GPA at time of application
- Undergraduates must have completed at least two semesters of study at GT.
- At least 18 years of age by the program's departure date
- Be able to stay at the host university for the duration of their semester, INCLUDING through their exam period
- Be in Good Standing with the Office of Student Affairs and Housing
- All Non-U.S. Citizens are welcome to apply to participate in an exchange outside of their home country only. This rule applies to all who do not have a U.S. passport, including U.S. Permanent Residents.
- All study abroad participants are required to have a passport prior to any visa deadline dates, and any needed visas prior to departure date (Students are responsible for securing all required travel documents per the host country’s regulations prior to departure).
*Some host schools have stricter requirements such as higher GPA or more time in school before study abroad. (See Academic Info on your host school GT program page for any restrictions.)
Courses for this program are set by GT and Malmö . Contact the OIE advisor for more information.
Credit for courses taken as a part of exchange programs is received by transferring the credits back to Georgia Tech. For more information about this, click here. Here you will find the foreign credit approval form, the foreign credit approval form instructions, and a link to the registrar's Equivalency Table.
Credit Transfer System
Malmö University uses the European Credit Transfer System (ECTS):
1.4 ECTS credits = 1 GT credits
Swedish Grade = US Grade
5/VG = A
4 = B
3 = C
Pass/G = Pass
U/Fail = F
Program Costs (Estimated)
- For most exchange programs, participants must pay GT tuition, GT campus fees, and study abroad insurance to the GT Bursar for each GT semester they are abroad. No other expenses associated with this program are paid to GT; instead, these expenses are paid on site.
- Keep in mind the costs of books, health insurance, food, living expenses, and travel money, as well as pre-departure costs like your passport and visa.
- Following are cost estimates for one semester at the exchange program school that may help you prepare for your term(s) abroad. All costs are in USD.