Weeks per Term
OIE Program Adviser
Languages of Instruction*
This university is located in Singapore. To learn more about this city and country, please visit:
NTU is a research-intensive university with globally-acknowledged strengths in science and engineering. It serves over 30,000 students, with approximately 21,000 undergraduates. NTU is a quality university, ranked in the top ten technological universities in Asia with special emphasis on engineering, biosciences, business, communication and computing. Thus, NTU has a relatively narrow focus that is similar to Georgia Tech.
NTU welcomes exchange students from over 85 countries each year. In 2005, the Times Higher Education ranked NTU the #25 technological university in the world. Its Management program is ranked #1 in Singapore and #3 in the Asia-Pacific region.
- on-campus residence halls
- off-campus apartments/rooms for rent
Exchange students may live on campus in residence halls with the NTU undergraduates. There are 16 halls of residence which can house a total of 9200 students. Some rooms are double occupancy; others are single occupancy. Some residence halls have a bathroom shared by two rooms; others have communal bathrooms shared by a number of rooms on a hall. Each room includes a high speed internet connection and cable TV connection. All residence halls also organize their own program of activities that is planned and carried out by the students themselves through a residence hall student organization.
Upon acceptance as an exchange student, students should apply for on-campus housing through the Exchange Student Portal. On-campus housing is not guaranteed. For more detail on housing, click here and here. Students can usually move in 3 days before the start of the semester. Payments for housing should be made directly to NTU and will be due after arrival.
- no meal plan
- on-campus dining
NTU has 12 dining halls that serve various Asian dishes as well as Western dishes.
- Georgia Tech degree-seeking student.
- Good Academic Standing with a 3.0* (or higher) GPA at time of application
- Undergraduates must have completed at least two semesters of study at GT.
- At least 18 years of age by the program's departure date
- Be able to stay at the host university for the duration of their semester, INCLUDING through their exam period
- Be in Good Standing with the Office of Student Affairs and Housing
- All Non-U.S. Citizens are welcome to apply to participate in an exchange outside of their home country only. This rule applies to all who do not have a U.S. passport, including U.S. Permanent Residents.
- All study abroad participants are required to have a passport prior to any visa deadline dates, and any needed visas prior to departure date (Students are responsible for securing all required travel documents per the host country’s regulations prior to departure).
*Some host schools have stricter requirements such as higher GPA or more time in school before study abroad. (See Academic Info on your host school GT program page for any restrictions.)
Credit for courses taken as a part of exchange programs is received by transferring the credits back to Georgia Tech. For more information about this, click here. Here you will find the foreign credit approval form, the foreign credit approval form instructions, and a link to the registrar's Equivalency Table.
CREDIT TRANSFER SYSTEM
1 NTU credit = 1.04 GT credits
NTU Grade = US Grade
A+, A, A- = A
B+,B, B- = B
C+, C = C
D+, D = D
F = F
Program Costs (Estimated)
- For most exchange programs, participants must pay GT tuition, GT campus fees, and study abroad insurance to the GT Bursar for each GT semester they are abroad. No other expenses associated with this program are paid to GT; instead, these expenses are paid on site.
- Keep in mind the costs of books, health insurance, food, living expenses, and travel money, as well as pre-departure costs like your passport and visa.
- Following are cost estimates for one semester at the exchange program school that may help you prepare for your term(s) abroad. All costs are in USD.