Weeks per Term
Languages of Instruction
Please note: The study abroad committee will convene in October 2016, and no students can be accepted until after this date. The first 60 students completing their applications (online app & deposit) and meeting all eligebility requirements will be accepted on a first come, first served basis. The Pacific Program will hold 10 spots for Biology Major students until 5:00PM on May 16, 2016. After 5:00PM on May 16th, any space remaining of the 10 reserved for Biology Majors will be given to non-Biology Major students based on completion date. This program fills within the first day of opening, so all students (BIOL & Non-BIOL students) wishing to be one of the 70 students on the 2017 Pacific Program should apply ASAP. No application deposits will be refunded unless you are not accepted into the program. Students who are not accepted into the first 70 spaces will be placed on a wait list based on a first come, first served basis.
All Faculty-Led Study Abroad Programs have the following baseline requirements:
- You must have completed at least two semesters of college-level study as a degree-seeking student prior to participation in a study abroad program and you must be at least 18 years of age by the program's departure date.
- You must be in good academic standing. Good academic standing is determined by the Registrar's Office and is indicated at the end of your transcript each semester. Academic warning is a subcategory of good academic standing, so students on warning are still eligible.
- You must be in good disciplinary standing. The Office of the Dean of Students and Housing determine your standing based on your disciplinary record.
- You must maintain appropriate standards of behavior. Keep in mind that there are social aspects to the study abroad learning experience. Appropriate standards of behavior must be adhered to at all times. Please note: If you have had previous contact with GT study abroad programs, OIE, and/or the Office of the Dean of Students, applications may require additional time to be reviewed and processed.
- You must complete a mandatory OIE Pre-Departure Meeting.
NOTE: Some programs have additional requirements including language level, minimum GPA, class standing, etc. Please refer to the program contact or to the application instructions for clarification on any additional requirements beyond those listed.
Program Costs (Estimated)
PLEASE NOTE: This chart represents the cost of attendance for the semester abroad. It includes estimates for all included and non-included items. All students pay GT in-state tuition rates; out-of-state students add $250. Please note that Georgia Tech Lorraine out-of-state students pay the following: The in-state tuition rate plus $4250. Please note that these estimates are subject to change.