Weeks per Term
OIE Program Adviser
Languages of Instruction*
Preferred Participating Majors
Established in 1845, the National University of Ireland Galway has a distinguished reputation. NUI Galway is ranked in the top 2% of universities in the world for the quality of its research and teaching. With more than 17,000 students, NUI Galway is one of Ireland’s most popular universities for undergraduate study. NUI Galway attracts more students from outside its region than any other university in Ireland, with more than 2,500 international students representing more than 110 countries.
Galway has grown to be a global hub in the medtech market and NUI is noted for hosting Ireland's only facility for manufacturing adult stem cells.
The university is located in the heart of Galway City, a contemporary harbour city, steeped in history, on the west coast of Ireland.
For a virtual campus tour, click here.
campus residence hall
off-campus private room or apartment for rent
Click here for more information regarding accomodations.
Campus residence halls are self-catered which allows students to prepare and cook their own meals. In addition to preparing your own meals, there are on-campus and local dining options nearby.
- Georgia Tech degree-seeking student.
- Good Academic Standing with a 3.0* (or higher) GPA at time of application
- Undergraduates must have completed at least two semesters of study at GT.
- At least 18 years of age by the program's departure date
- Be able to stay at the host university for the duration of their semester, INCLUDING through their exam period
- Be in Good Standing with the Office of Student Affairs and Housing
- All Non-U.S. Citizens are welcome to apply to participate in an exchange outside of their home country only. This rule applies to all who do not have a U.S. passport, including U.S. Permanent Residents.
- All study abroad participants are required to have a passport prior to any visa deadline dates, and any needed visas prior to departure date (Students are responsible for securing all required travel documents per the host country’s regulations prior to departure).
*Some host schools have stricter requirements such as higher GPA or more time in school before study abroad. (See Academic Info on your host school GT program page for any restrictions.)
Credit for courses taken as a part of exchange programs is received by transferring the credits back to Georgia Tech. For more information about this, click here. Here you will find the foreign credit approval form, the foreign credit approval form instructions, and a link to the registrar's Equivalency Table.
CREDIT TRANSFER SYSTEM
1.4 ECTS = 1 GT credit
65-70% = A
45-64% = B
40-44% = C
39% or below = F
Program Costs (Estimated)
- For most exchange programs, participants must pay GT tuition, GT campus fees, and study abroad insurance to the GT Bursar for each GT semester they are abroad. No other expenses associated with this program are paid to GT; instead, these expenses are paid on site.
- Keep in mind the costs of books, health insurance, food, living expenses, and travel money, as well as pre-departure costs like your passport and visa.
- Following are cost estimates for one semester at the exchange program school that may help you prepare for your term(s) abroad. All costs are in USD.