Weeks per Term
OIE Program Adviser
Languages of Instruction*
This university is located in Lyon, France. To learn more about this city and country, please visit:
Located on the premises of the Science and Technological Park of la Doua in Villeurbanne, INSA Lyon is ranked among the top universities of Science and Technology in Europe, pluridisciplinary and international, at the heart of the European Higher Education Area.
Over a 5 year curriculum it trains humanist multi-competent engineers who are both innovative and entrepreneurial. INSA Lyon applies a policy of excellence implemented at all levels. INSA Lyon was the first INSA to be created in 1957 and has always had a strong ambition in terms of social awareness. It graduates over 800 engineers each year in 12 fields of specialisation. International perspective has always been a priority for the establishment which has progressively set up international options such as EURINSA, ASINSA and AMERINSA.
- on-campus housing
- off-campus apartments/rooms for rent
For more information about living on campus, click here.
- meal plans are available
- on-campus dining
For more information about meal plans, click here.
- Georgia Tech degree-seeking student.
- Good Academic Standing with a 3.0* (or higher) GPA at time of application
- Undergraduates must have completed at least two semesters of study at GT.
- At least 18 years of age by the program's departure date
- Be able to stay at the host university for the duration of their semester, INCLUDING through their exam period
- Be in Good Standing with the Office of Student Affairs and Housing
- All Non-U.S. Citizens are welcome to apply to participate in an exchange outside of their home country only. This rule applies to all who do not have a U.S. passport, including U.S. Permanent Residents.
- All study abroad participants are required to have a passport prior to any visa deadline dates, and any needed visas prior to departure date (Students are responsible for securing all required travel documents per the host country’s regulations prior to departure).
*Some host schools have stricter requirements such as higher GPA or more time in school before study abroad. (See Academic Info on your host school GT program page for any restrictions.)
For more information about courses at INSA Lyon, click here.
Most INSA Lyon courses are taught in French. GT recommends that students complete at least 2 years of college level French or have the equivalent advanced/3000 level of skills before participating in this program.
INSA Lyon offers an intensive French course before each semester starts. For students doing a year long exchange, the course is free. For students participating in just a semester, the intensive course is 675 euros.
Credit for courses taken as a part of exchange programs is received by transferring the credits back to Georgia Tech. For more information about this, click here. Here you will find the foreign credit approval form, the foreign credit approval form instructions, and a link to the registrar's Equivalency Table.
CREDIT TRANSFER SYSTEM
1.4 ECTS credits = 1 GT credit
ECTS Grade = US Grade
14-20 = A
10-13 = B
7-9 = C
<7 = F
Program Costs (Estimated)
- For most exchange programs, participants must pay GT tuition, GT campus fees, and study abroad insurance to the GT Bursar for each GT semester they are abroad. No other expenses associated with this program are paid to GT; instead, these expenses are paid on site.
- Keep in mind the costs of books, health insurance, food, living expenses, and travel money, as well as pre-departure costs like your passport and visa.
- Following are cost estimates for one semester at the exchange program school that may help you prepare for your term(s) abroad. All costs are in USD.