Weeks per Term
OIE Program Adviser
Languages of Instruction*
ENSEA is located in Cergy-Pontoise, France, 40 minutes from the Champs Elysées in Paris. To learn more about this city and country, please visit:
ENSEA is a leading European graduate school which ranks 9th out of 220 French engineering schools and among the top 3 in electronics. FAME (French American Exchange Program) is a spring semester study abroad program for undergraduate students (juniors), taught in English by professors at ENSEA.
- Off campus apartments/rooms for rent
- Off campus residence halls
- For more information about housing options during FAME, click here. For general housing information, click here.
- No meal plan
- On-campus dining
- Georgia Tech degree-seeking student.
- Good Academic Standing with a 3.0* (or higher) GPA at time of application
- Undergraduates must have completed at least two semesters of study at GT.
- At least 18 years of age by the program's departure date
- Be able to stay at the host university for the duration of their semester, INCLUDING through their exam period
- Be in Good Standing with the Office of Student Affairs and Housing
- All Non-U.S. Citizens are welcome to apply to participate in an exchange outside of their home country only. This rule applies to all who do not have a U.S. passport, including U.S. Permanent Residents.
- All study abroad participants are required to have a passport prior to any visa deadline dates, and any needed visas prior to departure date (Students are responsible for securing all required travel documents per the host country’s regulations prior to departure).
*Some host schools have stricter requirements such as higher GPA or more time in school before study abroad. (See Academic Info on your host school GT program page for any restrictions.)
NOTE: FAME (French American Exchange Program) is a spring semester study abroad program for undergraduate students (juniors), taught in English by professors at ENSEA.
For descriptions of the courses offered during FAME, please click here. For information about the regular ENSEA curriculum, please click here.
The French American Exchange Program, or FAME, is offered during the Spring semester and is taught completely in English.
Students interested in attending regular classes at ENSEA during the Spring semester or Academic Year should be aware that the language of instruction is French. GT recommends that students complete at least 2 years of college level French or have the equivalent advanced/3000 level of skills before participating in the program.
Credit for courses taken as a part of exchange programs is received by transferring the credits back to Georgia Tech. For more information about this, click here. Here you will find the foreign credit approval form, the foreign credit approval form instructions, and a link to the registrar's Equivalency Table.
For the FAME program, GT Electrical & Computer Engineering department has approved the following credit transfers:
Introduction to Microprocessors and Assembly Language Programming = ECE 3xxx (2 credits)
Signals and Systems = ECE 3xxx (3 credits)
Electromagnetism/Electrodynamics = ECE 3025 (3 credits)
Fundamentals of Power Engineering = ECE 3xxx (3 credits)
Probability and Statistics = ECE 3075 (3 credits)
ENSEA = GT
13-20 = A
10-12.99 = B
9-9.99 = C
8-8.99 = D
0-7.99 = F
Program Costs (Estimated)
- For most exchange programs, participants must pay GT tuition, GT campus fees, and study abroad insurance to the GT Bursar for each GT semester they are abroad. No other expenses associated with this program are paid to GT; instead, these expenses are paid on site.
- Keep in mind the costs of books, health insurance, food, living expenses, and travel money, as well as pre-departure costs like your passport and visa.
- Following are cost estimates for one semester at the exchange program school that may help you prepare for your term(s) abroad. All costs are in USD.