Weeks per Term
OIE Program Adviser
Languages of Instruction*
This university is located in London, England. To learn more about this city and country, please visit:
Consistently rated amongst the world's best universities, Imperial College London is a science-based institution with a reputation for excellence in teaching and research.
Imperial College London rankings in the world:
- 3rd in Europe and 8th in World Engineering and Information Technology
- 4th in Europe and 10th in World Life Sciences
- 3rd in Europe and 9th in World Physical Sciences
- 4th in Europe and 14th in World
(The World University Rankings 2011-12)
- on-campus residence hall
- off-campus apartments/rooms for rent
See the Imperial's Accommodations website for more details about these and other options.
- no meal plan
- kitchens in residence halls
- Georgia Tech degree-seeking student.
- Good Academic Standing with a 3.0* (or higher) GPA at time of application
- Undergraduates must have completed at least two semesters of study at GT.
- At least 18 years of age by the program's departure date
- Be able to stay at the host university for the duration of their semester, INCLUDING through their exam period
- Be in Good Standing with the Office of Student Affairs and Housing
- All Non-U.S. Citizens are welcome to apply to participate in an exchange outside of their home country only. This rule applies to all who do not have a U.S. passport, including U.S. Permanent Residents.
- All study abroad participants are required to have a passport prior to any visa deadline dates, and any needed visas prior to departure date (Students are responsible for securing all required travel documents per the host country’s regulations prior to departure).
*Some host schools have stricter requirements such as higher GPA or more time in school before study abroad. (See Academic Info on your host school GT program page for any restrictions.)
Credit for courses taken as a part of exchange programs is received by transferring the credits back to Georgia Tech. For more information about this, click here. Here you will find the foreign credit approval form, the foreign credit approval form instructions, and a link to the registrar's Equivalency Table.
CREDIT TRANSFER SYSTEM
1.4 ECTS = 1GT credit
IC Grade = GT Grade
75-80 = A
50-74 = B
40-49 = C
0-39 = F
Program Costs (Estimated)
- For most exchange programs, participants must pay GT tuition, GT campus fees, and study abroad insurance to the GT Bursar for each GT semester they are abroad. No other expenses associated with this program are paid to GT; instead, these expenses are paid on site.
- Keep in mind the costs of books, health insurance, food, living expenses, and travel money, as well as pre-departure costs like your passport and visa.
- Following are cost estimates for one semester at the exchange program school that may help you prepare for your term(s) abroad. All costs are in USD.