International Travel Registry

International Academic Projects

Please note: The International Travel Registry is intended for student use. Faculty/staff submissions will not be kept on record.


The travel registry provides the Office of International Education with your international travel information so that OIE can contact you and provide assistance in the event of an emergency. By registering your travel, OIE shares important pre-departure information to assist you with health and safety topics, enrolls you in insurance, and provides Institute contact information in the event of an emergency.

You are required to register your travel if you will be participating in an International Academic Project. The following are examples of International Academic Projects:

  • Research Abroad
  • Service Learning
  • Conferences
  • Independent Study
  • Design Competitions
  • Special Problems Course
  • Academic Competitions
  • Senior Design
  • Volunteer Programs

Please do not register personal travel.

You will need to complete your travel registration online. You also have the option of attending an International Pre-Departure Orientation or you may contact to schedule a group pre-departure meeting. OIE will cover the following topics at the orientation:

  • Health and Safety Information
  • Insurance Information
  • Passport and Visa Information
  • GT Student Policies
  • Department of State Resources
  • Cross-Cultural Resources
  • Emergency response

GT does not permit students to participate in IAPs in countries that currently hold an elevated US Department of State Travel Advisory. A full list of current travel advisories can be found here. If you would like more information about the appeal process to travel to one of these countries contact

If you are a GT International Student:

As soon as you apply to a program abroad, you MUST contact International Student and Scholar Services to review your U.S. Visa.  Please email for more information.  

Should you have any questions or concerns about the International Travel Registry process or about other matters related to your international academic project, please do not hesitate to contact the Office of International Education so that we may assist you.