I-house application for the Spring 2014 will open August 19th, 2013.
When you envisioned yourself at college, did you imagine a world of ideas, cultural activities, and vibrant new horizons that extended well beyond the classroom? Are you genuinely interested in international politics, global trends, world religions, Thai food, Pedro Almodovar films, house music of Paul van Dyk, or African literature? Do you want to live with adventurous, diverse, and inquisitive students from around the globe? If you answered yes to these questions, then the I-House may be the place for you.
I-House is one of the GA Tech Think Big Programs. It is a vibrant community of world cultures, international outreach, foreign affairs, and enthusiastic students committed to how the world works beyond campus.
- I-Film: Screening of international films or attending a film festival in Atlanta
- I-Culture Nights: Events include salsa lessons, cooking classes, food tasting, and attending local performances by touring international entertainers
- I-Dinners: Group meals featuring the cuisine and culture of a particular country or region
- I-Outreach: Volunteer projects that serve Atlanta’s immigrant communities or address international crises around the globe
Students who apply to live at the I-House are not guaranteed a spot.
- Fall-semester only students may apply to live on-campus at the I-House, or may live off-campus.
- Spring-semester only students may live on-campus (including I-House) or may live off-campus.
- Academic Year students may apply to live on-campus(including I-House) or other GT residences, or may live off-campus.
US applicants: The deadline is October 11th, 2013.
Exchange applicants: The deadline is October 11th, 2013.
There are two steps to apply for I-house.
- Step 1: Complete the application below.
- Step 2: Apply through the Department of Housing (DO NOT complete Step 2 until an Exchange advisor has contacted you with instructions on how to complete the application).